So I know that there are the obvious reasons one might pick as to why they should lose weight, to be healthier, to live longer, to ward off certain diseases, etc. But when I was filling out my top ten reasons in my smashbook, I came up with these instead:
1) To be more energetic with my children!
2) To see my children get married.
3) To feel more confident on myself.
4) To wear a bikini again!!!
5) To be an excellent role model for my girls.
6) To pass a healthy lifestyle on to my daughters.
7) To get married!
8) To really love myself again.
9) For my trip to Jamaica!
10) To have more get up & go so I can do more in my day.
You may notice two specific themes here, number 1, my kids. Let’s face it, I love my kids to death, and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them (even giving up on some extra chocolate!…. well, maybe after this last bite…) and of course the second one being body image related. In grade 11, I had reached a certain weight where I felt confident for once, I stopped wearing sweaters every day and started even getting an extra friend or two because of my confidence… I’d like to feel that way about myself again.
Every weight loss or fitness journey is a personal decision made with personal reasons. This time I decided to actually write my reasons down, so that when I have a bad day I can look at them and remind myself why I keep doing this, even when it hurts, when I don’t want to, and when I’m craving something junky.
What are your reasons?